Now i tried it and it made perfectly .The only fear which i had to made the Gujia's that Gujiya should not split, that's why i did the sealing of gujiya very carefully ,and i did it very well. i fried them perfectly without split a single Gunjia . we called it soft pastry also so enjoy it , with aromatic dry fruits mixer.
For the outer lyaer/covering
For 20 Gujiya
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose Flour (maida)
- 1 Tbsp Semolina (sooji)
- 2 Tbsp Clarified butter ( ghee)
- 1/3 cup water
- 200 gm thickened milk (mawa)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tsp semolina(sooji)
- 10-12 almond(cut in to small pieces badam)
- 20 raisins(Kismish)
- 1/2 cup coconut (shreded)
- clarified butter (ghee) for frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 Water
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds and pistachios
- Mix flour, sooji, and oil in a bowl.
- Make a soft dough adding water slowley as needed. Knead the dough until the dough becomes soft.
- Cover the dough .
- Keep it aside
- In a pan fry the semolina with 1 tbsp ghee(clarified butter), when it turn golden brown take it in a bowl and keep aside;
- In the same pan fry mawa till golden brown.
- Tranfer in the plate and let it cool.
- once mawa gets cool then Add semolina(sooji) ,sugar,raisins ,pistacho,cocnut .in it and mix well .Now your mixer is ready for filling.
Making the Gujias:
1.In a small bowl ,Mix 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of flour to make a paste. Set aside.
2 .Knead the dough again for a minute.
3 Divide the dough into about 20 equal parts and roll into balls with the palms of your hands.
4. Roll each ball into about 4-inch .
5.Dip your finger in the flour paste and spread it around the rim of the rolled dough,
6.Take the 1 tablespoon portion of the filling and place on one side of the circle
7.Now press the edges together with your fingers. Make sure the edges are completely sealed
otherwise they will open while frying and oil will get in and filling will come out.
Continue filling the rest of the gujia in the same manner.
Heat about 1-1/2 inches of oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
Place the gujia in the frying pan few at a time.
After gujhias are floating on top of the oil, turn them slowly. Fry the gujias until they turn light golden-brown color on all sides.
When they are done cooking, lift them out of the oil with a slotted spoon.Garnishing:
Optional : if u want to make witout coating then you can make . it is optional but it increase the taste of gujiya.
- Boil the sugar and water on medium heat until syrup is about one thread or 230 degrees (Fahrenheit) on a candy thermometer.
- Dip the gujias into the syrup making sure they are coated with syrup all around.
- Place the gujias on a wire rack to allow the extra syrup drain.
- Garnish the gujias with sliced almonds and pistachios while the gujhias are still moist with syrup.
- Gujias will be dry in an hour.
- Gujia can be stored in airtight container up to a month..
- Keep in mind mix sugar in mawa when mawa gets cool.
- Seal the gujiya very carefully otherwise they will split and stuffing will come outside.
- Don’t fry on high heat; the gujia crust will be too soft and not crispy.
Linking this to Radhika,s event lets-cook-18-starters-appetizers.html